So we’re moving to DC and we need a place to live. Can you help? This is what we are looking for:
- We’re more inclined to live in DC than surrounding areas (Columbia Heights, U Street, Mount Vernon and Dupont Circle are areas we’re looking at initially), but we would not discard Bethesda, Silver Spring, etc.
- Virginia is a no. As long as they hate the gays more than the average state we’re not living there.
- We want to rent not buy. Annual lease sounds good.
- 1 bedroom with a den would be perfect. 1 bedroom also ok. Studio not so much, we like doors. 2+ bedrooms only if not in the city (as the prices are ridonc)
- Must accept pets (we have 2 cats)
- Parking garage highly desirable (Amelia works odd hours so it would make us feel safer)
- I don’t drive. Walking distance to the metro is important. Red Line is preferable.
- Amelia works at GW and Prince George’s County so easy access to the roads that lead there is important.
- Proximity to supermarkets and entertainment is a big plus.
If you have suggestions for neighborhoods or particular places, please leave a note or email me. Thanks!